A Pearl of Wisdom
June 13, 2017
MPIOC, otherwise known as Meeting Planners International, Chapter Orange County, is an industry organization consisting of adult professionals in the event field. Their mission is to provide innovative and relevant education, networking opportunities, and business and act as a prominent voice for the promotion and growth of the meetings and events industry.
Pawntra Shadab, Elite Productions International’s Vice President of Events & Marketing, serves on the board as Director of Member Recognition & Community Involvement. Her expertise from years in the event industry provides an enlightening voice to the organization. For this event in particular, Pawntra served as co-chair, overseeing all aspects of the event.
As a part of Elite Productions International’s contribution to the organization, the team sponsored decor elements of the event’s Pre-Reception. A strategic approach was taken to choosing linens and floral arrangements -—keeping in mind the theme and the existing venue. Multiple site visits were taken to the venue, the Balboa Bay Resort in Newport Beach, CA, to get a true feel for the the space.
The hotel’s patterned carpet was inspiration for the linen choice -—pops of a royal blue were complemented by a midnight blue sequin for cocktail tables.
In keeping with the theme, floral arrangements were designed to subtly hint at the “pearl” theme, presenting a simple, yet chic design. A constant challenge in designing events is to make sure to know where to show restraint—sometimes it can be all too easy to go over the top with design. Simple is often better. Wisps of pearl accents embellished arrangements of lush, white peonies and roses. A geometric, champagne-hued vase was used as the base—with almost a reflective sheen—giving it a pearly color.
As guests entered the ballroom for the main event, larger arrangements flanked both sides of the entrance doors – sitting atop acrylic columns. Hydrangeas provided a voluminous and effective statement piece. Once again, sprays of pearls were interlaced in the florals for an extra embellishment. Pearls, submerged in to water, added an extra layer of detail.
Overall the evening proved to be a success – with Pawntra’s efforts in planning the event proving to be fruitful and Elite Productions International’s design effectively providing decor. Pawntra is planning on staying on the board in the new term – joining the many committed talented members that work tirelessly to offer a prosperous place where event industry professionals can grow from each other.
- Weddings by EPI Fall Style Shoot
- A Very Pink Chic Birthday Bash in Laguna
- Elite Productions International Produces Top 100 Event in the Country by BizBash
- Elite Productions International is named among Top 50 Event Companies of 2019 by Special Events
- One Black Tent, Two-Night Party
- Presidential Pink | EPI celebrates the installment of its VP to President of MPI OC with a Rock Opera
- For the Love of Purple Engagement Party
- BizBash Covers EPI's Rock Opera Inspired Event and Floral Design at the Nixon Library and Museum
- After Party at the Sheats Goldstein Residence
- EPI's Pawntra Shadab is the recipient of the 2019 Smart Women In Meetings Award