Pink & Orange – Bold and Bright
May 21, 2014
Colors set the mood for any event, choosing the right hues conveys the tone and dictates the style and theme. Determining what color to use needn’t to be difficult. There are a few things to consider – the occasion, venue, current trends and if it will be a formal or casual affair. Many color trends originate on the runway and transcend fashion into fabrics, home décor and more!
We took our cue from Chanel’s 2014 Spring-Summer collection – we chose pink and orange for our fun and flirty dinner party. The party was held at night at a gorgeous beach location. The color combination was fresh, bright and a little unexpected.
Event Photography by Tony Florez
We used an enclosure with a transparent ceiling and walls. The view would was unobstructed and allowed for the beautiful sea side light to play and bounce off the bold colors!
We used hot pink tulips, hydrangea, peonies and roses along with spicy orange tulips, roses and bumped the color up with poppy orange tulips that were fully opened. We added some bling too with mirror squares, crystal tea light holders and napkin rings. This added the sparkle and shine. To add texture and depth, we covered assorted sized floral containers with couture fabrics. The material was embellished with silk florets and sequins in varying hues of pink, fuchsia and tangerine. Iridescent napkins complimented the setting and allowed for more shimmer and glow; the hot pink table linen anchored the table and created a simple yet exciting foundation.
A sweet table was created using treats that were color coordinated and presented in fun and unique shaped bowls and jars. The table was accented by oversized apothecary jars of floating rose blossoms. Golden orange orchids were lit with battery-operated candles that made them flicker and glow in mercury glass votive containers – a tempting and sweet indulgence!
Whichever colors you choose, make sure to use them to your advantage – play with textures, shades and finishes. Bold and sassy or delicate and demure, make the hue work for you!
- Weddings by EPI Fall Style Shoot
- A Very Pink Chic Birthday Bash in Laguna
- Elite Productions International Produces Top 100 Event in the Country by BizBash
- Elite Productions International is named among Top 50 Event Companies of 2019 by Special Events
- One Black Tent, Two-Night Party
- Presidential Pink | EPI celebrates the installment of its VP to President of MPI OC with a Rock Opera
- For the Love of Purple Engagement Party
- BizBash Covers EPI's Rock Opera Inspired Event and Floral Design at the Nixon Library and Museum
- After Party at the Sheats Goldstein Residence
- EPI's Pawntra Shadab is the recipient of the 2019 Smart Women In Meetings Award