September 23, 2011
The oh-so-fabulous Christian Lacroix has teamed up with Sicis to create the most stunning line of housewares! The collection is called Theodora and it is named so and inspired by the mosaics of the sixth-century proto-feminist Empress Theodora (wife of Emperor Justinian I) that adorn the Basilica of San Vitale in Ravenna, where Sicis is based. Lacroix’s collection features soft, womanly shapes, Byzantine exoticism, and rich embellishment. It includes 12 seats, 4 lamps and 5 models of tables and poufs. Prices range between $8,900 and $21,000 for this Turkish flair collection. Take a peek at some of the available pieces below…
“The juxtaposition of intricate work and artisanal incrustations evokes exactly what I did in Haute Couture,” Lacroix said in a release. “What really appeals when working with Sicis is the way in which we can create the trompe l’oeil effect or a treasure’s richness or a miniature’s complexity or the purity of a metallic tint achieved via tiny stone and glass splinters.
Isn’t the collection magical?! And we never expect anything less from Lacroix 🙂
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
- Weddings by EPI Fall Style Shoot
- A Very Pink Chic Birthday Bash in Laguna
- Elite Productions International Produces Top 100 Event in the Country by BizBash
- Elite Productions International is named among Top 50 Event Companies of 2019 by Special Events
- One Black Tent, Two-Night Party
- Presidential Pink | EPI celebrates the installment of its VP to President of MPI OC with a Rock Opera
- For the Love of Purple Engagement Party
- BizBash Covers EPI's Rock Opera Inspired Event and Floral Design at the Nixon Library and Museum
- After Party at the Sheats Goldstein Residence
- EPI's Pawntra Shadab is the recipient of the 2019 Smart Women In Meetings Award